archiSTarchi Ltd

spaces - places - architecture





Will I need planning permission?  


Generally most projects require Planning Permission and also a Building Warrant before works can commence on site. Each project differs in requirements i.e, is your property in a conservation area or is your property Listed? If so Listed Building Consent will be required and in some cases conservation area consent is required.


Permitted development rights are available however these are dependent on a number of factor such as location, size of site, size of proposal, has there been any other development on site. Still in its infancy in Scotland permitted development is coming more into play for small single storey extensions.


I always recommend Informal pre-application discussions with planning prior to any formal submissions, they greatly help a project in the initial stages of development. Planning are there to help and being aware of a forthcoming project is useful in that respect.


Dependant on the project status, is it Local, Regional or National has a large impact on the planning process and archiSTarchi Ltd can help guide you through this process.

How do I appoint an architect?


A good working relationship between architect and client is critical to the success of any project. You and your architect should discuss and agree on the scope and cost of architectural services before the project begins and ensure that the agreement is in writing.


The Royal Institute of Architects in Scotland produce a standard form of Architect Agreement where the scope of services are clearly defined.






Frequently Asked Questions

archiSTarchi Ltd





Facebook circle blue small
Twitter blue small